Friday, March 20, 2009

Nice day of tourney action.


Notice I used the rather whimpy qualifier of "nice". It was pretty good. Unfortunately my Boilers were one of few teams that provided any excitement (in the case of my buddies and I: serious anxiety), when No Iowa (we loved how this was the way CBS displayed their school name in the score box at the bottom of the screen) made the game way too interesting. VCU/UCLA was the only true nailbiter whenEric Maynor's last second jumper fell about 5 inches short. All the same, some fun games, and a slew more today!

Now on to our contest... Currently we have 46 competitors (thanks for playin all!). Not all the brackets are posted as there have been serious submission issues. I'll get the last remaining few up ASAP. We had no perfect scores yesterday, all though Nikki Batta and Alison Martin, came achingly close with only one missed pick a piece. Actually it was Michael Thompson who had a near agonizing run at first-day perfection, as he was error-free until the Illini (the last game to finish last night) failed to complete the comeback against the Hilltoppers. Nice work all the same Mike. As for our less-than stellar competitors. Well, once again I'm determined that no one can accuse me of cheating, by always doing so miserably in these events. Only my good friend Skip Werner and my sis-in-law Christine faired worse. We'll get 'em in the next round you two!

Glad to have you all along friends, and you'll hear from me again tomorrow after today's scintillating (I hope) action. Go Deacs! Go Buccaneers!

No comments:

Post a Comment